Becoming a leading uranium producer in the United States

Taking deposits into production in New Mexico and Wyoming

Free
Message: Strathmore's Roca Honda Sampling & Analysis Plan Accepted for Technical Review

Strathmore's Roca Honda Sampling & Analysis Plan Accepted for Technical Review

posted on May 05, 2009 06:06AM
May 5, 2009
Strathmore's Roca Honda Sampling & Analysis Plan Accepted for Technical Review
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - May 5, 2009) - STRATHMORE MINERALS CORP. ("Strathmore" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:STM) is pleased to announce that it continues to advance the permitting process at its proposed Roca Honda uranium mine in McKinley County, New Mexico. The New Mexico Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department (Mining and Minerals Division-MMD) has found the Company's Sampling & Analysis Plan for its baseline data gathering efforts to be "administratively complete". Public notice has been given by the agency providing formal notification that the Plan is available for review and comment. The Sampling & Analysis Plan is an integral part of the documentation required to obtain approval for a mining permit. The response received from the MMD, in combination with the recent announcement regarding the Water Discharge Plan Permit (see news release dated April 20, 2009), illustrates the continued progress Strathmore is making in two of the three primary permit approval requirements: the mine operations permit, the mine dewatering and water treatment permit, and the forthcoming water replacement plan submission. Strathmore is working diligently with the New Mexico regulatory authorities to obtain the necessary approvals.

Juan Velasquez, Strathmore's Vice President of Government, Regulatory, and Environmental Affairs, commented, "We are pleased to advance our Roca Honda project with the MMD. These efforts, by our highly qualified staff and contracted technical experts, demonstrate Strathmore's thoroughness in providing comprehensive environmental baseline data in support of its mine permit application, and its continued commitment to protecting human health and the environment."

On November 17, 2008 Strathmore Minerals submitted a Draft Sampling & Analysis Plan to the MMD for review. The MMD responded with their comments in early January of this year. Strathmore worked diligently to meet MMD requirements and resubmitted the Plan on April 13th. A determination that it was "administratively complete" was received on April 22nd. The Sampling & Analysis Plan will guide the collection of baseline data including: climate, air, quality, vegetation, top soil, topography, wildlife, cultural information, geology, surface and groundwater, and other environmental parameters related to the site. This information will be used to support Strathmore's permit application for its proposed Roca Honda mine. Data gathering efforts have already commenced, and will continue throughout 2009.

The Roca Honda property is located in the Grants Mineral Belt in New Mexico. It is jointly held by Strathmore's wholly owned U.S. subsidiary, Strathmore Resources (US) Ltd and Sumitomo Corp of Japan. For additional information please visit the Company's website at www.strathmoreminerals.com.

STRATHMORE MINERALS CORP. is a Canadian based resource company specializing in the strategic acquisition, exploration and development of uranium properties in the United States. Headquartered in Kelowna, British Columbia, the Company also has U.S. based Development Offices in Riverton, Wyoming and Santa Fe, New Mexico. STRATHMORE MINERALS CORP. Common Shares are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "STM".
New Message
Please login to post a reply