Welcome To The Active Control Technology HUB On AGORACOM

We make wireless work.

Free
Message: Rhino Energy, LLC has selected a TR-500 Ultracomm Underground Radio Com System

Rhino Energy, LLC has selected a TR-500 Ultracomm Underground Radio Com System

posted on Jun 24, 2009 10:12PM

June 2009- Rhino Energy, LLC has selected a TR-500 Ultracomm Underground Radio Communication System from Tunnel Radio of America, supporting Miner Act 2006 compliance requirements at their McClane Canyon Mine near Loma, Colorado. The Ultracomm TR-500 is a MSHA Approved system operating at Ultra High Frequencies providing the greatest possible coverage underground per foot of installed infrastructure. In addition, McClane Canyon Mine will implement a Tunnel Radio of America MineAx ‘Bird Dog” Tracking and Tagging System to monitor and locate personnel and equipment both above and underground. The MineAx system is an integrated addition to a Tunnel Radio Ultracomm System as well as working with most competitive leaky feeder radio systems. The MineAx ‘Bird Dog” Tracking System is truly wireless in many installations having eliminated the requirement for physical wired connections to both a power grid and a data highway. McClane Canyon will use these systems to enhance the safety of underground workers and to improve the operational efficiency of their mine under the Miner Act of 2006.

Source: http://new.tunnelradio.com/news/

Information about Rhino Energy's operations
[Source: http://www.rhinoenergyllc.com/operations.html]

As of March 31, 2008, we operated three mining complexes located in Central Appalachia (Tug River, Rob Fork and Deane), two mining complexes located in Northern Appalachia (Hopedale and Sands Hill) and one mine located in the Western Bituminous region. We, together with a joint venture partner, acquired the Eagle mining complex in Central Appalachia in May 2008. The complex is fully developed and resumed mining operations in August 2008. We define a mining complex as a central location for processing raw coal and/or loading coal into railroad cars or trucks for shipment to customers. These mining facilities include five active preparation plants and/or loadouts, each of which receive, blend, process and ship coal that is produced from one or more of our 20 active surface and underground mines.

Our surface mines utilize both wheel loader and shovel equipment fleets along with large production tractors. Our underground mines include drift and slope operations utilizing the room and pillar mining method. These operations generally consist of one or more single or dual continuous miner sections which are made up of the continuous miner, shuttle cars, roof bolters, feeder and other support equipment. We currently own most of the equipment utilized in our mining operations. We employ preventive maintenance and rebuild programs to ensure that our equipment is modern and well-maintained. The rebuild programs are performed either by an on-site shop or by third-party manufacturers.

Operations

McClane Canyon Mine (Colorado) - underground coal mine
Hopedale Complex (Ohio) > Hopdale Mine - underground coal mine
Rob Fork Mining Complex (Kentucky) - 5 underground coal mines and 3 surface coal mines
Tug River Complex (Kentucky / West Virginia)- 2 surface coal mines

New Message
Please login to post a reply