Welcome To The Active Control Technology HUB On AGORACOM

We make wireless work.

Free
Message: Arch Coal Purchases L-3 ACCOLADE Wireless Mesh Communications System

Arch Coal Purchases L-3 ACCOLADE Wireless Mesh Communications System

posted on Jun 20, 2009 06:08PM
Looks like the competition is starting to heat up...

Arch Coal Purchases L-3 ACCOLADE Wireless Mesh Communications System

CHANTILLY, Va., June 17, 2009 – L-3 Communications' Global Security & Engineering Solutions division (L-3 GS&ES) announced today that Arch Coal, Inc. (St. Louis, MO) will install the L-3 ACCOLADE Wireless Mesh Mine Communications System at Arch’s Mountain Laurel mining complex in Sharples, West Virginia.

“After an extensive evaluation of technology solutions, we are proud that Arch Coal, Inc. has selected the L-3 ACCOLADE system to meet their mine safety requirements,” said Jerry Bates, L-3 GS&ES President. “We are pleased to have established a strong relationship with one of the nation’s leading coal producers, and look forward to supporting Arch as they improve the safety and security of their mining operations.”

The L-3 ACCOLADE System is a wireless communications system for day-to-day and emergency operations use, which incorporates voice, data, and locating capabilities into a single system. The system meets or exceeds Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) requirements and is approved for use by MSHA, the State of West Virginia, and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

L-3's ACCOLADE System was originally developed under a research and development contract from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) to meet the enhanced safety requirements of the 2006 MINER Act. The Arch Coal, Inc. order is the latest of a growing number of orders received from mining operators across the United States.

For additional information about L-3 GS&ES’ mine safety projects visit: www.L-3Com.com/mine_safety.

L-3 Global Security & Engineering Solutions is a division of L-3 Communications. Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, GS&ES has more than 3,000 employees worldwide providing a broad range of technical, analytical, operational and security services and products to Government and commercial customers. Core capabilities include advanced security solutions and services, engineering and technical solutions and services, program management, and operational support services.

To learn more about L-3 GS&ES, please visit the division’s web site at www.L-3Com.com/GSES.

Source:

Mailing Address:
Mountain Laurel Complex
State Route 17, Box 100
Sharples, WV 25183
Phone: (304) 369-7500
Physical Address:
State Route 17
Sharples, WV 25183

http://www.archcoal.com/...

Mountain Laurel

Region: Central Appalachia